Threading Hair Removal
Threading is an ancient method of hair removal, which first originated in Persia. It has more recently started gaining popularity in Western countries however, as an effective hair removal method. It is well known in the Middle and Far East and in Arab countries it is a popular method of hair removal for both males and females. Threading is an epilation technique that removes the hair from both above and below the skin.
How does threading as a hair removal technique work?
The hair removal process of threading is fairly technical, especially if you have never seen it or don’t know what it looks like. Basically, the practitioner who is doing the threading uses a thin, twisted cotton thread which he or she rolls over the hairlines, plucking the hair at the follicle level. The twisting thread traps the hair and lifts it out of the follicle. Threading can remove an entire strip or row of hair at a time, giving very straight lines, unlike tweezing where hairs are removed singularly.
Overall, threading hair removal is one of the safest and easiest methods of hair removal. It is gentle, precise and reasonably painless, although you will feel lots of pinching when the hairs are removed. As the top layer of skin is not affected at all, there are no skin reactions or irritations which can be very problematic with other forms of hair removal. Hair removed via threading usually lasts for 2-3 weeks before more hair removal treatment is required.
Pros of threading hair removal
- It is a completely natural hair remover method that works on all skin types, dark or light, sensitive, tanned, damaged or sore.
- Threading hair removal is practically painless, simple, and inexpensive.
- As there is no stripping of the skin, a lot of pain and skin irritation is avoided.
- Threading is a very hygienic method of hair removal, as a new thread is used for every treatment.
Cons of threading hair removal
- Threading can only be carried out by trained hair removal practitioners, meaning that it is not necessarily the most convenient or quickest method of hair removal available.
- Threading hair removal can cause acne to burst and affect spots, so for those with bad acne threading may not be a good idea.
- Hair removal around the bikini line and legs is not an easy task when using threading.
Threading is a very popular method of shaping and refining the eyebrow, as it is very precise. They play a key role in framing your face and also in making your eyes appear attractive. Eyebrow threading can be useful for those who have a reasonably large amount of eyebrow hair and surrounding facial hair. If just a few hairs need to be removed, plucking or tweezing also works well.